My Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Ball Invitation- Crafty Individuals

Good afternoon bloggers. Finally got some yard work done this morning while we had some sunny breaks. Now it's back to cloudy again, hopefully it stays dry till I get all my planting finished.

Anyhow, back to my craft mode. Crafty Individual's June challenge is "A Summer's Ball" theme, it is up to your own interpretation and you must use one of their products. I have a few CI stamps in my stash; CI 346- dancing lady is one of their newer releases and it's one of my favourite CI stamps. I made a dance invitation using this stamp.

This criss cross card measures about 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used a compas to draw the criss cross flaps. I top stitched and distressed all the paper edges with ink and distressing tool.


I stamped 2 images and colored the dancing lady with Copic markers. I fussy cut out one of the images and used it to decorate the invitation folder.


The stamp image has the dance program listed on the right hand side. I used a Spellbinder Romantic Rectangle die to cut out the stamp image and layer it over DP and cardstock and completed the tag with lace, ribbon, pearl string and a rose.  The tag can be used as a bookmark.


I sprinkled some glitters on the dress but they don't show well in the pictures. I decorated the invitation folder with lace, diecuts, pearls, ribbon and paper roses. I also added a Tim Holtz small easel diecut to the back of the folder so it can stand up for display.


So, that;s it for today. I am ready for an afternoon tea now.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

10 comments:

kjjc said...

stunning, absolutely stunning.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
You always create such inspirational cards and always with such beauty.
Beautiful use of the CI stamp, she was made for such a gloriously feminine project.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Jean Hardy said...

Oh yes this is gorgeous, such beautiful use of this stamp. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I would LOVE to get an invitation like that! Gorgeous colours!

Daniele said...

such a stunning invitation love all the details that you have used so glad you joined us at Crafty Individuals this month
hugs

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I love this, perfect creation, thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time, hugs Pops x x x

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, sorry I'm late commenting, I'm only just catching up now. This is so gorgeous, such a wonderful creation, you always make such amazing cards with such exquisite details. xx

Rita said...

Wow Katie, your card is absolutely stunning. All that gorgeous lace makes it so elegant. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

Teresa said...

Oh wow Katie this is stunningly beautiful. Teresa xx

May said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the design & colours great use of lace... simply stunning...Joined as a follower as you have a beautiful blog.. Hugs May x x x