Today I am showing you another matchbox project, an underwater scene depicting Tilda's underwater adventure and her surprise finding. I really enjoy making scene cards lately. It's a good way to use my stamps that have been bagging me to use them, lol. It took me awhile to make this one, adding a few bits every day, kind of fun actually.
I used Spellbinder Label 10 die to cut out the 3 oval cardstock and DP. I top stitched the DP and distressed the paper edges. The matchboxes were made from Stampin'Up retired matchbox diecuts. Once the base was built, I added several stamp images to make the underwater scene. Stamps used here are:
- Magnolia: mini Swimming Tilda, mini Mermaid Tilda, Mermaid Tilda, and Oyster with Pearl
- Stampin'Up: Crab and Company
- Our Craft Lounge: Bubbles and Sea-sons Greeting
I colored the images with Copic markers. All images were fussy cut out and then paper pieced onto the base. I wanted the oyster with pearl to look more 3 dimensional, so I stamped the image 3 times and paper pieced the layers together with 3D foam dots. I covered the pearl with glitter and added some Flower Soft sand around the sandy base. I made some paper-rolled flowers to make them look like sea anemones. I decorated the ocean base with some cheese cloth, crystals, and a pearl string.
I completed the project by adding a Magnolia swirl diecut to the background, a small heart shape card with a mini mermaid Tilda which fits in one of the matchbox drawers, and some pearls and pom pom ribbons on both sides of the matchboxes .
For the crab, I stamped the image and sponged it lightly with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I then ran the paper through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. I sponged the paper again with Fired Brick DI and then fussy cut out the image.
Thanks very much for stopping by, and wish you all a wonderful week.
I will enter this project in the following challenges:
- MDUC: bingo (Die cuts/cheese cloth/Tilda)
- Deep Ocean: Stitching (Real or Faux)
- Tilda Town: Lazy days of summer
- Magnolia Stamp Lovers: Distress
- Magnolia-licious Highlites: Water, water everywhere
- Magnolia-licious Challenge: Pink, orange, white, and green
- Lovely hAnglar or sweet Magnolia: Your favourite color combo (Pink, orange, white, and green)
- Allsorts: Paper piecing and piercing
- Diva by Design: Summer theme
- Let's Ink It Up: Use your favourite embellishments (pearls, flowers and diecuts)
- Penny Black and More Allsorts: All my favourite things (pearls, diecuts, flowers)
- Bunny Zoe: Anything goes