My Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Christmas Gift Box

Good afternoon all. I am in the mood of crafting Christmas cards/projects while we are having a bit of heat wave here in Vancouver, lol.

I wanted to share with you a shaped card/gift box. I created my own templates, a star shaped gift box measured about 6"(W) x6"(H) x 3/4"(D).


The angel is a photo stamp image from Stempelglede's Vintage Christmas. I inked the stamp with Ranger's Jet Black Archival ink and stamped on glossy paper. I distressed the edges with a little Tea Dye Distress Ink.



I framed the photo with a die cut flower wreath (Memory Box Catalina Wreath die). The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Jovial collection.

I threaded some baker's twine through the Jute ribbon to add some color. I then layered the mesh and a piece of silver organza ribbon in between the card stocks and designer paper and added a few snow flakes (Martha Stewart edge punch) to give some contrast.

The poinsettia is handmade using Magnolia DooHickey die cuts. I dusted the flower with some pearl glitter spray.


The card is attached to the box base with a brad which acts as a swivel. I added some seam binding ribbon to tie and decorate the box.

Hope you enjoy this visit, thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this gift box in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Debi said...

I'm so sorry Katie- I called you Karen- no idea why :-(
this is a gorgeous creation, I've pinned it to my pinterest christmas borad :-) Debi x

marion said...

What a stunning gift ! Love the image and the shape, well everything about your project to be honest. Thanks so much for joining us at NMWC in our first challenge and good luck. Hugs, marion

SuzanneK said...

I think anyone and everyone would love the receive this gorgeous gift box. Fab attention to detail as well. Thanks for joining NMW Challenges for our first challenge, good luck. Hope you played along for the blog hop too. Hugz Suzanne

Ephemera said...

Hi Katie, this is gorgeous, I own those stempelglade stamps, I love them and what you have created is perfect, beautifully stamped too. xx

Trish Latimer said...

Love this Katie, the shapes and layers are gorgeous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous box, perfect for a Christmas gift. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love star shaped cards - and the die cuts are so pretty
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
Lisa
ps . Have you seen this new challenge -heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk

lynne said...

Hi Katie
Once again you have created the most astonishing 3d papercraft project. Just so stunning.
The angel is so pretty and beautifully stamped.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Mrs.B said...

Hi Katie, What a beautiful box. Love the image you have used and all the details you have added, just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Ellie said...

Beautiful box!
Gotta give that a try... thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for joining us at FSC!

xxx Ellie xxx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a gorgeous project! This is one of my favourite stamps ever and it's such a shame Stempelglede have gone a bit quiet now. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the FSC! xx

Marlena Peduzzi said...

What an amazing box! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund!

Alexandra♥ said...

wow! What a beautifully designed star box, I discover more and more of your lovely work Katie! " What a talent!" - I always say to myself :) Very very pretty!