My Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Magnolia Gingerbread House

Hello everyone!
Trust you all have a glorious Sunday.

I have a 3D project to share with you today ~
A Magnolia Gingerbread House.

My son asks me every year if I would make him a gingerbread house
apart from the store bought kit we assemble.
I thought I should start early this year 
and tackle this project.

So, here it is.

The house measure 5.25"(W) x 5.5" (H) x 2.75"(D).
The base extends 3/4" from the house.



I combined several Magnolia background stamps
to create the windows, and front door.
I cut out the window and door openings
and attached vellum behind them.



I used embossing folders to create the roof, gables, brick wall 
and snow on the ground.
I distressed the embossed elements with 
distress inks, chalk inks, distressing tool, and top stitching.


I added some Flower Soft white snow on the roof 
and top of the front door. 
I also added white liquid applique on the tree and along the fence
and mistletoe border and puff it up with a heat gun.
My son commented that the mistletoe border looks like bunch of rabbits.


One side of the roof has a magnetic opening 
so you can hide some goodies in the house.


The house can also be used as a electric tealight lantern.
I put a battery operated tealight inside,
and it had a nice glow through the vellum.


All images were colored with Copic markers.
All dies are from Magnolia.
The DP behind the door is also Magnolia.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy this visit.

Hugs,
Katie

I will enter this project in the following challenges:

19 comments:

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!! This is wonderful Katie. I love the design and the images you have used. Your attention to detail is amazing

Hugs Sue

sassy said...

wowszer this is awesome must have taken hrss its stunning and just so cute too wonderful project hugs sassyxxx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Wow Katie - this is amazing, what a fantastic project, I guess your son will love it.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Joey said...

Katie this is absolutely amazing, the detail of it is stunning, I bet your son will be made up! Joey x

Christina C. said...

WOW.......Katie, this is phenomenal!
Love this wonderful project...very beautiful and creative work!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Katie, What an amazing project!
So much detail in such a small space. LOVE it.
No doubt your son will be impressed.
Avril xx

Cathy said...

Awesome project I love it...I bet that was so much fun to make.

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous Katie! I love it! Wonderful coloring and designing! So creative! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

Hanna said...

Absolutely breathtaking Kate! As always, you've created a phenomenal masterpiece that I'm totally in love with. You always amaze me with you rincredible talent! Stunning work!

Hugs
Hanna

Christy Designs said...

WOWWW.... this is Amazing Katie !!
Your coloring and design Fantastic!
Love all the detail

Teresa said...

Oh Wow! Katie this is beautiful, you are clever, I love it. Thank you for joining in our distressed challenge at Midweek Magnolias this week.
Hugs Teresa xx

Iulia said...

Oh, wow, this is an awesome creation! Looks amazing from every angle! You are such a talented lady!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Just Magnolia!
Hugs, Iulia

Suzi said...

This so adorable, I love that sweet house/home. Fabulous display of Magnolia goodies. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Patrice said...

WHOOO how nice and gourgious! This is a more than beautiful piece.
You make great things!!!

Greets Patrice

Janiel/ janny said...

Very clever and BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thank you for joining us this week at MDUC.
hugs....

Céline said...

fab idea and really really cute
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous gift box and such a unique way to use a sketch - love it!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Zoe said...

Oh this is just adorable! I love the idea and love how it opens! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC. Big Squeezes! xo

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, your gingerbread house is so adorable! I love all the details that you have added to it! Your son is right...the mistletoe kind of looks like rabbits. How cute for him to see that!
Hugs,
Suzan