My Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

By the Sea Postcard - Crafty Individuals

Hi everyone!
I am usually not a procrastinator :^), but this week I am totally behind.
I have a last minute entry for Crafty Individuals' September challenge
~ Last Days of Summer ~
which is due in less than 17 hours.

This is a double easel card measuring 4.5" x 5.75".
I combined Crafty Individuals' CI-278 plate and postcard from
Tattered Angels' Timeless Romance. 


I stamped the postcard on DP and colored the images with Copics. 
The DPs are from Island Paperie in Maui.
I decorated the card with some cheese cloth, jute ribbons,
cotton rope, pearls, and charms.
 I stamped the small seagull on mulberry paper
and cut it out with a postage stamp punch
to make it into a faux postage stamp.


Inside the card, I attached the lady to a small easel.
When she's propped up, it looks like she's 
standing in the water.


I had fun making this card.
Now I just need to enter it in the challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Katie

11 comments:

Daniele said...

that is so clever she really looks like she is standing i water.....fabbie creation so glad you joined us at CI
hugs

Jean Hardy said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for your CI Challenge entry at the last minute. Jean

Sue - bearhouse said...

this is stunning. I love the design and the gorgeous detailing.

Hugs Sue

Pat K said...

Absolutely fabulous Katie. Great design and I just love how she pops up in the water when opened...so very creative. Have a good weekend, hugs,xx

Craftyfield said...

Great details in this card, not least the pop-up bathing beauty !

Lisa M said...

Incedible job..this looks amazing!!

nefertiti said...

Wow! wonderful card! great work!!bizz

lynne said...

This is so fabulous, the attention to detail and wonderful colours.
Thank you for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

NikkiW said...

Love this...have never taken part in a challenge but interested to see everyone's work.
Nikki

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful pop up card, its fab, Annette x

judy Vowels said...

where did the bathing lady stamp come from?