My Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

For You Dear Friend- Penny Black Teddy

Dear friends, hope you are keeping well.
I want to thank you for visiting my blog and taking time to leave me lovely comments.

Today, I have a card to share with you, a card I made for a friend who just had an operation.
When I was going through my stamp collections, I realized I have neglected my Penny Black stamps. 
I chose one of the teddies in the Teddy & Company collection for this card.
For the layout, I followed CLP September sketch.


I always find making a masculine card very challenging.
For this card, I had to limit myself the amount of flowers and blings to use.

The card measures 5.5" x 5.5". DP is from Basic Grey.
Dies used are Magnolia, Memory Box, Spellbinder, and Sizzix.
Sentiment is from StampinUp.


I stamped the image with Archival Ink and water colored with TH Distressing Inks.
I must say water coloring with inks is very addicting.
I do know I need more practice :^)


I top stitched the DP and distressed the paper edges.
I added some die cut paper buttons, a piece of jute ribbon, 
more die cuts, and 3 small flowers and pearls to dress up the card. 
I used the same DP to decorate the inside.


Thanks again for stopping by. Have a nice day!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

11 comments:

cebelica said...

This is so beautiful! Everything you make turns out perfectly. I love your work! :) Hugs! xx

Roma said...

Gorgeous card ,a beautiful image ,love the colours x

Mummy lade said...

what a wonderful creation with such cute buttons! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

marion said...

Such a briljant card, lovely colours and bits and pieces. Like it a lot. Thanks for joining us at NMWC and hope you will join us again in our next month challenge, hugs, Marion

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fab card I love the Die cut flowers at the side really effective...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

SuzanneK said...

Wow love this Katie, beautiful design, papers and colouring. Makes me want to ink up my Penny Black stamps which are sadly neglected. great design and colouring. Thanks for joining us this month at NMW Challenges, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Molecraft said...

Totally gorgeous and fabulous stitching...thanks for joining us at cupcake!
Helen x

Mary J said...

Hello sweet Katie! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

This card is so darn CUTE! Beautiful use of the BG papers and the buttons are fab!

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Wow absolutely beautiful card. Adorable image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Cor* said...

WOW WOW wow. Your colors are fantastic together ! I like the design on the side.....versus using a doily! Very creative! And those buttons! Marvelous! Thanks for joining us at CLP challenges last month. Best of luck to you!