My Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Study Tilda Bookmark

Good day everyone. I struggled with uploading photos to my blog the past 2 days; actually I've had problems the last while. Yesterday I could not upload at all, I kept getting "Upload failed. Server returned invalid response." error messages.  I was most annoyed after trying for 2 hours, I gave up at the end. Well, today things are going a bit better; had a rough start but all worked out now.
 
I have a bookmark to share with you today.  I made a pencil bookmark with Study Tilda.  The pencil measures 1.5"(W) x 8"(H) without the paper lace edging.

 
I water colored the Study Tilda image with Distress Inks. I am new to this coloring technique, it takes me longer to do the coloring than using Copic markers, but I thoroughly enjoy it. I hope to improve my water color skill over time and with practice.
 
 
I added some Viva Decor Glitter Liner to Tilda's wings and then fussy cut out the colored image when it dried. I attached the image, a die cut butterfly (Magnolia DooHickey), some ribbons and a charm to dress up the bookmark.
 

Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day wherever you are.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this bookmark in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Bron said...

What an adorable bookmark, such a clever idea to shape it as a pencil.
Thank you for joining and sharing with us at our Bingo Challenge this week at Magnolia Down Under.
Hugs from Bron x

Sharon said...

WOW Katie, this is just so cute! Love the idea of the shaped bookmark - it looks fantastic :) Your colouring is really soft and pretty and I love the stitching on the pencil.

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Bingo Challenge this week.

Sharon x

Christy Designs said...

Cute bookmark Katie ! You have so many idea, love this pencil shape.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous bookmark Katie :-) I love the pencil shape and Tilda is lovely ,, beautiful colouring too ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

lady e said...

Fantastic bookmark :) So cute!
Hugs
Lady E xx

Elizabeth said...

Love your bookmark, Katie! Super sweet! Love the pencil idea and your fab coloring. Thanks for sharing with us in Tilda's Town this week! Hugs, Elizabeth

heidy said...

Wow Katie,what a sweet bookmark,thanks for joining CCT this week!!
Hugs Heidy

Teresa said...

Brilliant Back to school bookmark Katie, thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week. Teresa x

Janneke said...

What a beautiful bookmark ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week!

kbrandy4 said...

Brilliant bookmark Katie and i love how you have used a pencil shape, great design!! Thank you for sharing with us Girls at Totally Tilda!!
Hugs Hazel xx

Dragonlady said...

I think this is the perfect Tilda for a bookmark - great work. Thank you for playing at Totally Tilda.

Hugs Ali x

sassy said...

wow this is os cute and very clever perfect hugs sassyx

Jane said...

Oh this is perfect! love that it's a pencil! thanks for joining us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia! hugs, Jane x