My Followers

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Snow Globe Shaker Card- MDUC Guest Design

Happy Sunday Everyone!

A week ago I won a guest design spot over at MDUC
I was invited to participate in a brand new challenge starting today .
The theme is Shaker Card.
We want you to make part of your card a shaker.

I have never made a shaker card before and
here's my 1st attempt of a shaker card.

The card measures 5.5"(H) x 7"(W) x 1.5"(D).
I made a snow globe card with one side a shaker 
and the other side a shadow box.



The shaker is 1/2" deep. I stamped and water colored 
Magnolia Winter Night background, and added
some FlowerSoft white snow flakes in
between the window sheet 
and the background.


I water colored Edwin on Christmas Eve.
I used various die cuts, snowflake punch-outs, pom pom ribbon,
pearls, and blings to complete the scene.

When you turn the snow globe around, 
it shows a shadow box Christmas ornament winter scene 
with Edwin on sled and Tilda Santa's Little Helper.
I colored Edwin and Tilda with Copic markers.



I added a few accordion folds to join the 2 sides together.
The card can then be fold flat for mailing. 

DPs are from Magnolia and Basic Grey.
Dies and punches are from Magnolia, Memory Box, 
Tim Holtz, Spellbinder, and Martha Stewart.

I had fun making this card and will make a few more,
probably only one side though :^)


Thanks very much for stopping by. 
Hope you will hop over to MDUC to see all the wonderful
DT creations and join in the fun!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:




16 comments:

cebelica said...

This is absolutely stunning. I can't believe this is your first shaker card. You already mastered it. :) Fab work! Hugs! xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Katie. I love the images, your colouring is so beautiful and the whole design is just amazing!!

hugs Sue

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. I love the images and colours and your design is fabulous!
Love it!
Lorraine x

Andrea said...

This is fabulous! thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl card challenge

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Katie - I didn't realise this was your first shaker card - what an AWESOME job! I love that both sides are uniquely different and yet compliment each other. GORGEOUS work and thanx so much for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Christina C. said...

What a unique and absolutely spectacular card.....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
Phenomenal design work and coloring!

Céline said...

absolutly fantastic love the gorgeous design!!!!
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Nancie Quah said...

All of your projects are so stunning. Love this winter shaker card, so perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenge.
Hugs
Nancie

Jessica said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such a fun design for a shakercard, and your colouring is really beautiful...

HUgs Jessica

Jingle said...

Wow! These are absolutely amazing! Love the sparkle and they are just fabulously created! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is just fantastic, love it! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Margreet said...

Love your gorgeous creation....thanks for joining the Divas!
xxx Margreet

Joy said...

WOW!! these are simply stunning...gorgeous colouring.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Teresa said...

What a gorgeous card Katie, So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' Challenge with your wonderful creation.
Teresa xx

Tina Makuc said...

This is stunning Katie!! I love it!!! And I looooove shaker cards!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Tilda's Town!!
Hugs, Tina

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! And your design is just fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx