My Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas Nutcracker- DT Card for Fashionista Challenge #9

Hi Everyone!
Before I announce our new challenge at Fashionista Challenge,
I would like to welcome my new followers and also
thank all of you for leaving me lovely comments.
Your comments are my inspirations!

The theme for Fashionista Challenge #9 is Blue Christmas.
We would like to see Christmas creations using blue as the MAIN color.
Our sponsor is Saturated Canary.




For my DT card, I chose SC Christmas Nutcracker digi as the main image.
Although I have seen many beautiful cards made with SC images,
I have never colored one till now.
I must say Christa's drawings are simply gorgeous and very detailed
which I find very helpful when it comes to coloring.


The image is colored with Copic markers. 
Not sure why the dress looks streaky in the photo.
I added tiny pearls and stamped little snow flakes around the images.
I also added some glitters on the dress and box.


The LO is from CLP's November challenge.
I have rotated the left and right sides of the LO for my card.



DPs used here are Stampin'Up and Magnolia.
Dies are from Spellbinder, Tim Holtz, Memory Box and Magnolia.
Sentiment and punches are from Stampin'Up.


Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I would love it if you can join in the challenge and 
check out my teamies gorgeous creations at Fashionista Challenge.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:


19 comments:

Brigitte said...

OMG, this is stunning!!!!! I LOVE your colouring and the accents perfectly compliments the card!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Sasha said...

Beautifully created and coloured Katie!
Thank you for joining in with us this month at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge :)

Luck you living in beautiful Vancouver BC! My brother lives on Vancouver Island and we have visited friends in Burnaby, Vancouver :)

Christy Designs said...

WOW... gorgeous card Katie !!
Beautiful coloring detail and love all the embleshment you put in this card. Your tag so cute !

Christina C. said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.....ADORE your expert coloring of this awesome SC image! Stunning details....a feast for the eyes!

Deirdre said...

Stunning - thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning, I love the image and your colouring is beautiful.

hugs Sue

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hello Katie, this is one stunning creations, such beautiful colouring and layout, I love what you did with that tag. You always make the most amazing cards
Hugs
Suzie xx

May said...

Stunning work... Your colouring is amazing... Such attention to detail! Adorable... Hugs May x x x

Karen B said...

I don't think it looks streaky...I love the colour palette anddd I love the tag. You are so creative Katie. I hope you have another class soon. I will be there.

KarenB said...

Forgot to say that I love how you did the hair. Wow....it really stands out.

Rebekah said...

Just beautiful work sweetie so pretty! thanks for playing at Divas by design this wk and SFTW hugs rebekah xx

http://www.fortheloveofkaren.blogspot.com said...

Oh Katie,
this stamp is so precious. It reminds me of Hannah. I love your colouring and all the embellishments. Wow is all I can say. Are you going to do a class again? Please?

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours and the gorgeous image, stunning layout too, thanks for sharing with us at TPLRS challenge, hugs Liz xx

arjette said...

Ooohhh it's sooooooo beautiful!!!! Awesome card!!!!
Thanks for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. Arjette.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunning, love your take on our challenge, thanks for joining us at CLP this time, hugs Pops x

Pamela said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy

Mummy lade said...

I love your colouring and it doesn't look streaky at all. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampin for the Weekend and good luck in the challenge!

Mandy said...

Katie this is beautiful, I love the softness of the colours and the SC image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
hugs Mandy xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Oh WOW Katie. A fabulous take on our sketch at CLP this month. So amazing I adore it. Thankyou so much for joining in with us sweetie xxx
Hugs Debbie xxx