My Followers

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tea Time with Tilda- Ribbon Girl Magnolia DT Creations

Hello Bloggers!

Today is the launch of Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge.

We would like to see your Magnolia creation with ribbons and/or lace.
This challenge will run for 1 week, and we are offering 2 great prizes:
Store voucher and Love is in the air Magnolia stamp





For my DT creation, I made a tea cozy and a matching tag card
using Joyful Tilda from the Christmas Story Collection.

I used to sew a lot before my son was born (14 years ago).
Now I have a little more free time as he gets older :-)
My goal this year is to make more sewing projects
with my stamping and card making.


I used the January sketch from CLP for my tag card, 
and water-colored Tilda with Distress Inks.
Dies used here are Spellbinders, Magnolia DooHickey,
Memory Box and Marianne's dies.



For the image on the tea cozy,
I stamped Tilda on TAP paper, colored it with Copic markers,
then transferred the image onto white cotton fabric.
I sewed it onto another layer of fabric backed with interfacing.

I made a larger oval layer to mat the image, and
added laces and ribbons to make the layout similar to the tag card.
The entire panel can be removed from the cozy for hand washing.


I measured my teapot and drew the pattern for the cozy.
I constructed 12 strips of 4 squares with the top slightly tapered.

The finished tea cozy measures 8" tall, and has a circumference of
16" at the top and 24" at the base. Each quilted square is 2"x2".

I have not quilted for many years, so don't look too closely,
the blocks weren't lined up perfectly, lol.


I wanted the cozy to resemble a flower basket, so I added 
several rolled lace and ribbon flowers to the top of the tea cozy.
I completed the basket with a handle.


I had so much fun making this tea cozy, truly enjoyed all the 
laces and ribbons I got from The Ribbon Girl
and from my own stash.


The following supplies I used are all available at The Ribbon Girl Shop.
Teapot Charm; Wooden Heart Buttons; Beads- Pearl, Silver & Crystal Assortment; 
20mm Baby Blue Cotton Lace; 20mm Dusky Blue Cotton Lace;
8mm Cream Vintage Style Fine Scallop Lace;
15mm White Flower Fine Cluny Lace;
17mm Cream Fine Vintage Style Fine Cluny Lace;
18mm White Fine Vintage Style Cluny Lace;
22mm White Fan Cluny Lace;
32mm Cream Fine Vintage Style Cluny Lace;
38mm Vintage Pink Fluted Edge Sheer Ribbon


Hope you enjoyed this visit and thanks so much for stopping by.

Before you go, check out other fabulous Magnolia DT creations
at The Ribbon Girl Blog

and join in the fun and win great prizes.

Hugs,
Katie


I would like to enter these creations in the following challenges:

21 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Fabulous creation Katy! Mary G x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Oh my goodness Katie, this has got to be the most beautiful tea cosy I have ever seen! I love the sweet Tilda image, the pretty material and all the gorgeous details you have added looks wonderful.
Your tag card is gorgeous too, the colours and details are so beautiful.
Hugs Sue

Fleur said...

STUNNING
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Christy Designs said...

WOW... Gorgeous project Katie!!
I always admire your creation!
Love all the detail on it.
Hugs,
Christy

cebelica said...

Girl, even if I looked with microscope I wouldn't see anything wrong with your cozy. I think it looks FANTASTIC! And so does the car.d Absolutely stunning! Hugs! xx

Pat K said...

Hi Katie, Your creations are so beautiful. Love the delicate trims and wonderful designs. Congrats on the new Challenge. hugs,x

Brigitte said...

Just beautiful!!!! Love your tea cozy and the spring colours! Tilda looks gorgeous! Hugs, Brigitte

angelwhispers said...

Oh my goodness what a talented lady you are these are just divine and such beautufl detail on them!! Thanks for joining us over at Midweek Magnolia Love Chanelle xx

Carol said...

Wow oh WOW. This is fabulous and you have clearly spent a great deal of time making these. The cosy is superb and the detailing extra ordinary, the bonus of the matching tag is a great addition. I love this and appreciate the time spent. Well done and thanks for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge this time and good luck!1
Carol xx DT

arjette said...

Ooohhh this is sooooo beautiful!!!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

NGCARDS said...

A great creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

lynne said...

You have the most immense talent when you not only stamp and create astonishing papercrafts but your skills with a sewing machine are also so incredible.
What a beautiful gift this would make.
Wishes
Lynne

Judy said...

Wow..these are fabulous!! Totally love the colors, and the designs are awesome.

xo
Judy

Jenny said...

Oh wow! This is such a beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Chicks. Jen xx

Peet said...

So wonderful, Katie!!
Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog.

Yuri said...

Hello Katie, Thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! Absolutely stunning project! Off to become a follower of your blog now. Yuri xx

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW what a piece of art! I really love it!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces, hope to see you again!

Hugs Tanja

Dunja Dücker said...

WOW, this is amazing. Your creations are gorgeous dear Katie. Love all the sweet Details.
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge, hope to see you again next time.

Hugs, Dunja

Janne said...

Beautiful creations. Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC. Hugs, Janne

May said...

Stunning project!! WOW! I love your sewing... Fabulous detail & design..This would make a wonderful gift... Love it all you are so talented... Hugs May x x x

Deb.x said...

WOW Katie!!! - just WOW! This is simply amazing, I LOVE it! Such a clever desin how you transfered the image so it miorrors - genius! & The quilted squares are adorable & those lace roses on top just finish it beautifully. Congrats its just perfect!
Deb.x