My Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tilda With Love Cake - Birthday Card & Apron Set

Happy Sunday Everyone!

It is the last Sunday of the month and we have a
new Magnolia Only Challenge at The Ribbon Girl Blog.
The theme this week is an easy one ~ Add Flowers.

I made a birthday card and apron gift set  for a special lady
~ our Ribbon Girl Mary who had her birthday recently.
I used Tilda with Love Cake on both the card and apron.

The tag card measures 4.5" x 6".
I colored the image with Distress Ink Pads.
I decorated the card with a mini apron, recipe book,
flowers, die cuts, paper punch outs and
a dinky metal clip to hold the sentiment.
I used the LO from CLP March sketch #56.




For the image on the apron, I stamped the image on TAP
(Leslie Riley's Transfer Artist Paper), and colored it with Copic markers.
I then ironed the image on a piece of white fabric.


The Tilda and mini apron panel can be removed for separate washing.
I used a Butterick pattern for the apron .
The patch work fabric is from a local quilting store.



The following products are available at The Ribbon Girl:
13 mm White fine vintage style cluny lace, 15 mm White flower fine cluny lace, 
32mm 'Victoria' Antique White Fine Cluny Lace, Natural botton twine,
White and pink tulip seam binding ribbons, Pale rose pink tiny ric rac ribbon,
WOC Deep pink cherry blossom, Pink pretty blossom,White sweetheart blossom.

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:





16 comments:

Martinas Welt said...

Good Morning Katie,
oh wow....was my first thought when I saw your newest creation!!! This is really awsome!! And you also can sew...well....I can not really...well I have learned it, but thats all... The apron is fantastic! And the little Tag beautiful!!
Happy Easter!
Martina

May said...

O my Goodness, These are Gorgeous... What wonderful Gifts for Mary, She will love it I'm sure... the card is adorable & the added patchwork apron with the image of Tilda, AmAzing work as always Katie.. Simply Beautiful!! Hugs May x x x

cebelica said...

Is there anything you can't do?! That apron is fab and the card is brilliant. I love how you decorated it. Those butterflies are pretty and the heart card is very sweet. What a fab idea! And who wouldn't like Tilda, especially is she is bringing a cake?! ;) Brilliant! Hugs! xx

Cordine said...

Stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Brigitte said...

These are both magnificent Katie!!!! Love your Tilda and gorgeous colouring! Hugs, Brigitte

Karen B said...

Wow, I love the style of this apron. very classic and springy

Fleur said...

WOW this is stunning Katie, love the patchwork
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Franz♥ said...

You did it again!

Wonderful...really!

and thanks again for your take on Chealsea sketch :) Hugs, Franz.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Totally stunning creations!
hugs
kim x

Teresa said...

Wow! Katie, these are absolutely stunning! Happy Easter, hugs Teresa xx

Rita said...

What a Fabulous gift Katie. Perfectly stitched too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Chelsea said...

Hi Katie, your work is stunning! We love seeing your creation with the CLP Sketch challenge. Thank you so much for joining us with this wonderful card.

with Love.

Cathy Lee said...

Tilda looks fabulous and that apron is the cutest thing I've seen all day. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

lizzidroege said...

wow this is so beautiful....

Sandra Mathis said...

You're my idol, when it comes to sewing, I hope you know that. Amazing project, Katie. Thanks for joining CLP's March sketch challenge. Hugz, Sandy

maxine said...

Wow this is a stunning gift x