My Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wild Wild West

Hello Everyone!
A quick post to share a new creation with you.

I've been wanting to make another 3D interactive calendar
using some of the new Magnolia stamps.
I finally had time to craft and created this Wild Wild West scene calendar.


The images were water colored with Distress Inks.
I have made these cactus and stones using air-dry clay and
colored them with Copics when dry.


I used TH Picture Wheel die to cut out the base for the background.
The wheel is perfect for making this calendar as it has
12 cutouts, one for each month :^).

I attached a Spellbinder scallop circle die cut to the back
of the picture wheel with a brad. 
You can turn the wheel to change the month and 
turn the 2 stone dices for the date.


I also added 2 matchbox compartments to store the greeting tags.
The sentiments are from Magnolia and SU.
I added "Go ahead" from Clint Eastwood's wild wild west quote
"Go ahead, make my day" to one of the tags.



I have used Kort and Godt cream chrysanth flowers,
tiny Ric Rac ribbons, and natural button twines
from The Ribbon Girl Shop.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have good day.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:

24 comments:

Marjolein said...

Stunning and gorgeous!!
Love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Bye from the Netherlands,

Marjolein

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning Katie. Such a wonderful design. I love the cactus and stone made from the air-dry clay, gorgeous images and beautiful colouring.
Your attention to detail always amazes me!
hugs Sue xx

kbrandy4 said...

Oh Wow!! Katie, your creation is awesome, love the design of your calender!!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Christy Designs said...

Wow.... your project always Amazing Katie! Love your idea and design so fabulous !! Beautiful coloring too
I wish I could have this one ....
LOL

Hugs,
Christy

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!!!! This project is MARVELOUS!!!!! I could look at it for hours! What imagination you have! I love the cactus and the dice. Just MAGNIFICENT!!!! BRavo once again!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Hugs, brigitte

J Mulhall said...

So clever just gor juss x

Ellen said...

Wowww this is gorgeous, what a beautiful creation !!
Thanks for joining us at DMCC !!
Hugs, Ellen

Teresa said...

Katie I always know I'm going to see something special when I come here, you make such fabulous cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Tilda's Town 'Something old something new' challenge.
Hugs Teresa

May said...

Simply Gorgeous, Love the scene, the attention to detail is amazing... Love it all... you are so talented.. Hugs May x x x

Roxanne Quenneville said...

Vraiment de toute beautée et d'une grande originalité .

Bravo

Norma said...

Katie, you never cease to amaze me. You keep coming up with unique projects. This one is just fabulous. Love the scene you've created. Awesome colouring of the maggies--I should really give distress inks a try. Wow, those date dies really look like rocks. I can see a lot of work and time went into this, but it was well worth it. Kudos.
Hugs,
Norma

cebelica said...

Girl, this is one of the best things I've seen in the craft world. Literally! It's sooooooo awesome!!! Spectacular design and beautiful embellishments. Those stones and cacti are amazing. Fab, fab, fab creation!!! Hugs! xx

Fleur said...

Oh WOW Katie, this is just stunning. A great idea.
Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lori said...

oh my gosh, this is so cute, love the little scene in the background, fantastic, thanks for joining our moving challenge at mduc this week, good luck!

Teresa said...

Congrats on your win at MDUC Katie. xxx

June said...

Oh wow! This is totally stunning! I love all the details!!
Hugs, June

Ribbon Girl said...

Katie you are so talented - this project is fabulous and you've put so much time and effort into it - beautifully designed and executed, hugs Mary x

Rachel said...

Wow...it's so beautifull, what a gorgeous creation! You are very talented.....Thank you for joining us at DMCC!
Rachel xx

Paper Tails said...

Your calendar is awesome! Beautifully done and very creative. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

Karen

Daniele said...

totally amazing
hugs

The-Butterfly said...

This is so fantastic! I love it!

ann van dijk said...

Wat een prachtige kaart heb je gemaakt!
liefs anneke

miriam said...

wauw wat een schitterende creatie
erg mooi gedaan
bedankt voor je deelname aan DMCC
gr miriam

Anneke. said...

Wauw,gorgeous project!Lovely.
Thanks for joining us at DMCC.
Hugs Anneke.