My Followers

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Birthday Time at The Ribbon Girls

Happy Sunday Everyone!

The Ribbon Girls Blog is celebrating their 3rd birthday and
this week's Card Challenge theme is "Birthdays".
There is also a celebration candy too, here.


For my DT card, I used I Baked a Cake stamp from LOTV.
The image was water colored with Distress Ink Pads.
I keep the design fairly simple for this card as it is for a young girl.


Dies used are Spellbinders and Go Kreate. Designer paper is Magnolia.
Sentiment is Greetings Postmarks from LOTV, I stamped it on 2 CSs
and punched out with a Martha Stewart's butterfly punch.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
WOC pink, blue, white sweetheart blossom, white jute ribbon,
20mm Angelica tulle lace.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a lovely Sunday!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Rina said...

OMG Katie...soooooooo cute!!!

Rina

Chris / CS Designs said...

Katie, This is such a beautiful and well though out piece. Love the soft colors and your attention to detail.
:) Chris / CS Designs ... Doodle Pieces

cebelica said...

I don't think a birthday card for a young girl could be any cuter. I think this one is perfect with all the butterflies, lace, flowers, cute image ... All the things that girls love. :) I am sure that the girl you made this card for will love it!
Hugs! xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Such a beautiful card Katie. I love the cute image, pretty colours and all your detailing is always so gorgeous. I especially like the way you have stamped the sentiment onto butterflies.
hugs Sue xx

Alexandra♥ said...

Katie, I'm speechless, what a great card! The colors are something! I've never tried to color any stamp with distress inks, and you've done here such an amazing job! Everything in this card is just in place and makes it so beautiful! :)
Happy crafting and cheers from me ;)
Alexandra.

Jennifer said...

WOW Katie, your card is stunning!! Love the colour combo, all your pretty embellishments, and your fab colouring of that cute image.

Thank you for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Brigitte said...

This card is so sweet Katie!!! I love how you stamped the sentiment with the butterflies. It's perfect for a little girl. Hugs, Brigitte

Jac said...

Gorgeous card, love the pastel blues and pinks, such a sweet image too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

xxcalamityxx said...

Katie your card is simply stunning, I love it, thank you so much for sharing with us over at Anything Goes xhugsx Nikki

May said...

Gorgeous card Kate, The little image is adorable you have coloured it so beautifully... Love the shape & fabulous papers... Hugs May x x x

Nicole said...

Wow, this is soooo lovely and beautiful. Nice job with the text and the butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

Squirrel x said...

Just so gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Lili's Little Fairies this week and good luck. Hugs Sxx

Natalie Laurijssen said...

I love this card. The soft colours, shape, embellishments,... It looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges. I hope we'll see you again there soon.
Hugs
Natalie