My Followers

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tiime To Follow Your Heart ~ Ribbon Girl January Challenge

Hello Everyone!

Long time no see. Sorry for being absent for such a long time.
I have changed my job in December, back to working full-time.
Nice thing is I am learning new things every day and getting to know new faces.
The only draw-back is I have less time to craft now :^(.
Once I get used to my new schedule, I shall be able to craft more. 

Today I have a new creation to share with you, a DT card for the
first 2014 challenge at The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog.
The theme is ~ Anything Goes.

One of my goals this year is to make cards
and creations with different styles of stamps and techniques.
I made a shabby tag card using the January tag inspiration
from 12 Tags of 2014 at Tim Holtz Blog.


JANTAG

 The photo stampe image is Maribel from Stempelglede.
I have stamped it on white cardstock instead of glossy cardstock for a matted look.

I lightly textured the DP with white embossing paste and TH Bubbles stencil.
I top-stitched and distressed all DP edges with distressing tool and DI.
I diecut and embossed a couple of metal gears and stained them following
the technique described in the TH Blog for Jan's tag post.


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Store:
White seam binding ribbon, natural and brown button twines, tiny key charm,
Gutermann white top stitching thread, WOC pale pink lily flowers,
13mm Olivia white Cluny lace, 25mm white fine Cluny lace,
3mm pale pink pearl bead string.

DPs: MajaDesign Vintage Frost and Vintage Summer Basics.
Dies and punches: Tim Holtz, Memory Box, Spellbinders, and SU.
Embossing folders and stencil: Cuttle Bugs, SU, and Time Holtz.
Other materials: SU rub-ons, game spinner, library clip and safety pin.


You can see all the gorgeous DT creations at The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog.
We would love you to join in the fun creating and win this fabulous prize:
Prima Park Bench & Bridge Set, White Mixed Dahlias to colour yourself,
1m of flat back ivory pearl square trim and 10 aurora borealis hearts

Prima Treasures Garden Bench & Bridge Mixed Dahlia White (to colour yourself)
10mm Ivory Pearl Square Trim 10 Aurora Borealis crystal hearts

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a lovely week!
See you next Sunday for my next creation.

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this tag card in the following challenges:

43 comments:

Martinas Welt said...

How beautiful!!!!! What a fantastic Tag! I have the same rubberstamp and really should use it again!!!
Martina

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful tag Katie, just love all the details and muted tones. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Vintage challenge this week x

Shirley Chillman said...

What a wowser of a tag Katie. Love your take on Tim's tag - so girlie and very feminine.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Katie, Your tag stopped me in my tracks! There are so many previous details to take in. Absolutely divine! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

Dagmar said...

your tag is so beautiful - a dream of vintage!

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! Your tag is unbelievable!!!!! I love the vintage style, everything is wonderful together! I'm loving your new decision of trying different style. You are definitively very versatile. Bravo!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Katie. I love the image, the colours and all your embellishments look so beautiful. The added textures and your attention to detail is just amazing!
hugs Sue xx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining our vintage challenge at allsorts Tracy x

May said...

O my word... your tag is breathtaking...Love, Love, Love it all....so much to look at... the image is Gorgeous as is the embellishments...I adore it...Hugs May x x x

Debbie said...

I have got to say that this is probably the most gorgeous thing i have ever seen, totally breathtaking. Love it.
Thank you for showing us over at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous feminine tag, the image is beautiful. thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful!
X

Magda said...

Beautiful creation!!!

Christy Designs said...

Wow Katie.... your tag is just Fabulous!! You just back with the new different style. Love this shabby vintage tag style. Thanks for stopping by at my blog, and Happy Chinese new year too..
Hugs,
Christy

Ira Huberts said...

This truly is a gorgeous tag Katie! Love how you have embellished it, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Vintage Udfordring. Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Judy Corner said...

I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with 'Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Amanda said...

Your tag is beautiful, lovely soft colours and that stamp is fab. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
Love
Amanda

Margreet said...

What a beautiful tag...a real treat for the eye...thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Anita Houston said...

An exquisite take here! Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your tag is stunning. I love the vintage theme to this. A beautiful image with fabulous embellishments.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon.
{Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

NGCARDS said...

This is a wonderful tag but I am afraid it cannot be eligible at Creative Inspirations due to being combined with too many other challenges xxx

Fleur said...

Absolutely STUNNING & so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at ACR
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Ribbon Girl said...

Katie your tag is fabulous! Mary

Judy Corner said...

Hi Katie, Just want to say thanks for stopping by my Blog with such kind words and welcome as a follower too. I just love your work. Judy x

Alexandra♥ said...

Never ever you will cease to amaze me, lovely Katie, with your talent!

catz said...

Wow, I am at a loss for words, just an amazing tag!! TFS!

Paper Profusion said...

This has superb impact Katie. It's beautifully soft, romantic and feminine. The fact that it's a take on Tim's tag is awfully clever - brilliantly done indeed! Very best of luck in your new role. Nicola x

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning tag, love the shabby rose tones, thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Karen Garrard said...

Great Tag. Lovely image. Karen.x

Andrea said...

Very nice creation! I love the wonderful details and the design!
Thanks for joining Vintage Udfordring.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

lizzidroege said...

just gorgeous....lizzi vintage challenge...

kittycandypaper.com said...

Lovely! =^_^=

Beth Brovold said...

Simply LOVELY Katie!!! I'm here as a follower and with my DT hat on...your work is wonderful!! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy "Vintage"!! Good luck to you!!

cebelica said...

Hi Katie! Nice to see you back. I missed seeing your beautiful creations. I hope you recharged batteries and are ready for the new adventures! :)
Your tag is spectacular. You know how much I like vinage and this is pure vintage gorjussness.
Hugs! xx

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a stunning tag. It's so pretty and elegant, I love all the details you've add. So perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is such a BEAUTIFUL Tag!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Suzie's Card Den said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning - fantastic work.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Mrs.B said...

HI Katie, What a fabulous tag, and a lovely feminine take on Tim's tag.
Always love that image, and you've used such lovely embellishments.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Judy Corner said...

Hi. Thanks for your kind words on my Blog again today. Happy Saturday! Judy x

Gunn-Eirill said...

Thank u for joining us at StampARTic this time.

DT Gunn-Eirill

Beth Brovold said...

Congratulations Katie on your Top 5 pick at Fussy and Fancy "Vintage"!!! Your work is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Judy Corner said...

Katie, congrats on making the top five at fussy & Fancy. Judy x

My Hyde Away said...

What a super tag you have made. You won the January challenge at StampARTic. Best regards from Kirsten