My Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Playing Golf

Hello Everyone!
I have another birthday card to share with you this week.

This one is for a dear uncle of my husband's family.
Uncle Les turns 86 this March and he is still going strong,
playing golf 3 times a week.
I thought this LOTV image is perfect for him.

I used the current sketch from The Sketchy Challenge #68 Annette's Sketch.



I water colored the LOTV Playing Golf image with DI pads.
I frantaged around the image and hand cut out 3 golf tees for decoration.


Dies: Go Kreate, La La Land Crafts, Magnolia, and Spellbinder.
DPs: Basic Grey, Magnolia and Maja Design Life in the country Collection. 
Sentiments: retired Stampin'Up 


The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl:
White tiny ric rac ribbon, 13mm Olivia white cluny lace,
ivory button twine, blue RGirl pretty blossom flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter this card in the following challenges:

15 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Katie. I love the image, fabulous colouring and such gorgeous detailing added. I especially love the charm and gold tees.
hugs Sue xx

Ileana A. said...

Gorgeous card!Beautiful colors, beautiful and original interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining at The Sketchy Challenges and good luck.
xxxxIleana

Loopylou. said...

oh swoooon Katie this is just divine, I love all those extra little touches you added.
Thank you for playing along in our 'One for the boys' challenge over on the Divas by Design challenge blog
hugs Lou x

Wendy L said...

Love this one, so cute, thanks for joining in the challenge at Allsorts. xxx

Annie M said...

Gorgeous card, I love this LOTV image and you have coloured him beautifully ... thanks for joining us over at Fussy and fancyand good luck xxx Annie

Brigitte said...

He's will be thrilled to receive this wonderful card!!!! So perfect for a golfer. I love the image and your amazing colouring. Hugs, Brigitte

cebelica said...

I'm sure uncle Les will love this card - especially since he is such a golf fun. It's gorgeous! Hugs! xx

Alexandra♥ said...

What an absolutely sweet card! I have to ask you to forgive me Katie for leaving you the comments and visiting your wonderful blog so late. I'm like a cardmaking machine - finishing cards just about time before I have to post them and not visiting my friends' blog at all. Will have to change that as soon as possible :)

Cheers,
Alexandra

theresa dickinson said...

absolutely lovely and loving the framed edge too, thanks for joining us over on divas by designs

Annette said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Katie! Beautifully coloured, lovely papers and amazing details! Ans I so love the shape of the card!
Thank you for joining us at The Sketchy Challenges and for playing with my sketch!
Hugs Annette

Karen C said...

Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
Karen C

Helene E said...

What a lovely take on our challenge at Allsorts this week! Thank you for joining!

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Louise x

Judy Corner said...

Brilliant male card. Love the image and what a great take on the Sketch. It is great to have some nice layouts that work to fall back on for male cards know how we all love making these! Haha Judy x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Katie, love the layout and your soft colouring is beautiful.

Thanks for joining this month's 'crafty bingo' challenge.

Good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley