My Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thinking of You

Hi Everyone!

Recently a couple of friends lost their dear husband and father.
I must admit I never make sympathy cards.
Not that I don't know how but I just find it is the most difficult thing to make.
In the end, I made this Thinking of You card instead.

I got the inspiration from a Polish Cardlift challenge, here.


Designer paper: Pion Design Studio of Memories Collection
Dies: Magnolia and Memory Box

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
WOC pale pink and white lily flowers, small ivory gardenia, 
white sweetheart blossom flower, ivory button twine,
tiny pearl cluster stem, 3mm pale pink pearl string.

Hugs,
Katie 

11 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Katie, such a beautiful way to let someone know you are thinking of them. The flowers are gorgeous and I love the delicate colours.
hugs Sue xx

Christy Designs said...

Ohhh Katie .... I love this sympathy card !!! The color so soft and your design look very beautiful with those flowers. Hope your friends can strong in this situation.
Hugs,
Christy

lady e said...

Beautiful card!! stunning and gorgeous :)

Pat K said...

Stunning card. I too have difficulty with sympathy cards but you've created something so beautiful and appropriate. hugs, Pat K x

Paper Profusion said...

Both are gorgeous Katie. I especially love the sympathy card - great take. Nicola x

Brigitte said...

OMG Katie!!!! This is STUNNING!!!!!! I know how hard it can be to make a sympathy card, you made a piece of Art with this one. I LOVE everything, your soft patterned papers, the wonderful flowers and the distressed sentiment. Bravo! Hugs, Brigitte

cebelica said...

I barely ever make sympathy cards too. It's just so hard to make them! I think the "thinking of you" card is perfect for this occassion and yours is stunning.
Hugs! xx

Alexandra♥ said...

Hi Katie, though the occasion is the sad of all, you card turned out stunning!!! The pion design studio papers were the best choice, the flowers combined in such a gorgeous layout and of course your creative hands made this creation look amazing.
PS - The Polish crafters are very talented and I like their style too, I know why your were inspired by them.

Hugs,
Alexandra

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, your card is just gorgeous! I love how you arranged the flowers. I know this will brighten your friend's day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Judy Corner said...

Katie, this is just perfect and I much prefer 'Thinking of You' to Sympathy any day. It comes from the heart. Beautiful design. Judy x

Mary J said...

OMG, that is breathtakingly gorgeous Katie!