My Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Recipe Card Caddy ~ Buttons and Bows at ABC Challenges

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog!

Today, I have a new creation to share with you.
This is my 2nd project as January Guest Designer at ABC Challenges.
The challenge theme from Jan 15 to 31 is B for ~ Buttons and Bows.
I'd like to thank Nikki for having me as the guest designer!

One of my goals this year is to create practical and functional projects.

A co-worker of mine has embarked a new adventure, attending a 6-month 
Baking and Pastry Arts Program at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts.
She is an excellent baker to start with, always bringing delicious 
bake goods to work. I am sure she will excel in her skills.
She has also started her blog, The White Oven,
documenting her culinary adventure.
I wish Janice lots of success!

I made an apron shaped recipe card caddy for Janice.
The image is Tilda with Love Cake. I have water colored her with DIs.


The caddy measures 5"(W) x 7"(H) x 1.75"(D). 
It can hold 3" x 5" or 4" x 6" index cards.
The miniature rolling pin is attached to a note tag which
is tucked in the pocket behind the focal image.


Here's the back side of the caddy.
Extra note cards can be tucked in the pocket behind the lace trim.


Side view and inside of the caddy.


Designer paper used~ Maja Design A Gift For You Collection.
Dies and punch used~ Marianne Design, Magnolia, Memory Box,
Joy Craft, Spellbinders, and Stampin'Up.

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
13mm Olivia white cluny lace, 18mm Danielle antique white cluny lace,
30mm white zig zag cotton lace, natural hemp twine, miniature rolling pin,
WOC apple blossom flowers, tiny vintage pink bloom, sticky tapes,
10mm red/cream square check ribbon, red button twine,
 top stitching thread, white teeny tiny pom pom trim.


And thank you so much for stopping by again.

Hugs,
Katie 

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:

34 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Katie. I really love the design, such a sweet image and all your detailing looks amazing.
I am sure your friend will be thrilled to receive such a beautiful and thoughtful gift.
hugs Sue xx

Carla Burger said...

Wow I really love this design. It's so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Carla.

Céline said...

oh so cute !!! love the colors and gorgeous embellies
hugs
céline

Nikki Stalker said...

What a stunning creation you have made Katie!. Gorgeous papers, beautiful image coloured superbly, lots of lovely embellishments. It's been an absolute pleasure having you as our Guest Designer this month at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Andrea Norris said...

Wow Katie - love what you did for the GDT for ABC :)
Andrea x

Christy Designs said...

Wow.....Stunning apron design with caddy Katie!! Brilliant idea, look so amazing with so many detail to look at. Small rolling pin so cute. Your friend will love this gift. Love it!
Hugs,
Christy

Alexandra♥ said...

Not only it's without doubt funcional project, but also the most cute caddy on earth! That tiny rolling pin made me smile :)
Your designs are spectacular, Katie! Once I see any of them, I want to make something of the kind. So inspiring! Janice is lucky to have a co-worker as you are.

Hugs,
Alexandra

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a wonderful caddy, functional and beautiful also! Great job!

Sol said...

WOW!!! FANCY!!! I love this!! Gorgeous!.. Great idea.. and very neat folded... Great Embellishments Perfect Design paper for this And those die-cuts are perfect too... and with the lace.. Adorable!!
I love this!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC!! Hugs Sol :o)

Ribbon Girl said...

Katie your friend will be over the moon with this fabulous caddy - I'm sure she will treasure it for all time - gorgeous! Mary x

Mervi said...

Stunning creation, so beautiful and useful.
Thank you for sharing this at my “new and cute” theme over at Allsorts;-))m

Marlies said...

A gorgeous creation Katie!! A fab shape and design and all the lovely embellies look sooo pretty. Your friend will love this! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

brenda said...

A really super creation for our theme this week Katie, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

brenda said...

A really super creation for our theme this week Katie, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Céline said...

me again :)
thanks for playing with us at marvelous magnolia
hugs
céline

Céline said...

me again lol
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
hugs
céline

Suzan L said...

Hi Katie, the apron recipe card holder that you have created is so darling!! Your friend is going to love it!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Suzan

Rene said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
Rene :D

Danoesja said...

Wow Katie, this is so beautiful with all those great details.
Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Beth Brovold said...

OH MY GOODNESS Katie!!! This is FABULOUS, FUNCTIONAL AND FUN!!! What an AMAZING creation Katie...your co-worker is so lucky to have had this made for her!!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Me again Katie...thank you SO much for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!!
Take care again,
Beth

Christine said...

oh, so lovely!!
thanks for taking part in addicted to stamps challenge
Hugs
Christine

Gina Knott said...

Oh WOW, this is absolutely beautiful!! Love the design! Thank you for joining us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
Hugs
Gina x

Céline said...

so fun, lol me again
thanks for playing with us at midweek magnolias
hugs
céline

Tina Makuc said...

I'm in loooooove!!!
This is just amazing Katie! I really have no words..
You even managed to make me like red which is really not my color.. LOL!
Love every single detail of this awesome project!
Thanks for playing with us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week!!
Hugs, Tina

ednamburgess said...

So cute, love it! Great color combinations too. Edna

Karen B said...

Janice will flip when she sees this. You will no doubt provide encouragement for Janice. And she always bring her baking treats to work for us to savour. Love this Katie.

Brigitte said...

Oh!!!! What a very thoughtful gift card!!!!! Love the gingham paper and your amazing colouring!!! I bet she loved it! Hugs, brigitte

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, wow, wow - this is so gorgeous! What a beautiful design. I've become a follower so I can see more of your creations! :)
Rebecca.
x

Holly Hughes said...

This is absolutely fabulous!! Love all the great details!

Nathalie said...

Fantastic project!!! Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

Crafteezee said...

Wow, I love the design and great use of the dies.
Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
Tracy x

XxJULESxX said...

Wow this is stunning love it!

Corine said...

This gorgeous. I love it !