My Followers

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thank You Tilda Wall Hanging ~ Tilda with Fantasy Flowers

Good Morning Everyone!

How quickly has the time passed; it is the end of March already!
I have had a busy month in my personal life and also enjoyed our abnormally
mild weather here in Vancouver. Cherry blossoms are in full display
and the temperature reached 18C the other day. So I won't
complain about a few spring showers here and there :^)

On to my regular last Sunday of the month post, it is the
Magnolia Only Challenge at The Ribbon Girl Inspirational Blog.
The theme this week is ~ Not A Square.

For my DT creation, I made a heart-shaped wall hanging in spring colors
using Magnolia stamp image Tilda With Fantasy Flowers.


I have this stamp in my stash for a while, it is the first time to ink her up!
The image was colored with Distress Ink pads as usual.
I started coloring with Distress Inks a couple of years ago and have enjoyed
the beautiful soft tone immensely. I use my Copics and Prisma pencils
from time to time, but I always go back to watercoloring.


The heart-shaped base measures approximately 5"(W) x 8"(H).
I top stitched the DP and embossed the butterfly with shabby white frantage.

Designer paper ~ Pion Design Fairytale Spring Collection
Dies ~ Magnolia Doohickey, Marianne Design, and Nellies Choice
Sentiment ~ LOTV sentiment tags

The following embellishments are available at The Ribbon Girl Shop:
32mm Corrissa ivory vintage lace, 8mm Rebecca ivory cluny lace,
cream seam binding ribbon, natural hemp twine, 3mm & 6mm sticky tapes,
3mm & 5mm ivory s/a flatback pearl, 12mm flatback ivory flower pearl, 
K&G lilac rolled rose, WOC med/large pale pink lily,
white Gutermann top stitching thread.


You can see all the beautiful DT creations at The Ribbon Girl Inspirational Blog.
We would love it if can join in the challenge and win great prizes.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I very much appreciated your visits and comments.

Have a lovely week!

Hugs,
Katie

I wish to enter this creation in the following challenges:

13 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Katie your wall hanging is beautiful, so much detail and lovely colours too! Mary x

Sue said...

This is stunning Katie. Sweet Tilda is coloured so beautifully. I love the design, pretty papers and gorgeous detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Rene said...

This is absolutely amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
Rene

Beth Brovold said...

Hi there Katie!! Hope that you are well!! This is such a gorgeous project...I so love your colouring!!! You have so many fabulous layers and details here...I just LOVE it!!
Take care,
Beth

Sandra said...

WOW! This is STUNNING! Love the heart shape, your coloring, the soft colors... well everything! :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!
Hugs, Sandra F&F DT

Céline said...

fab project Katie, love the colors and shape
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
hugs
céline

Alexandra♥ said...

this beautiful wall hanging will be a true gem on any wall! Stunning as always Katie!
I hope that despite your being busy, all the rest is fine.

Hugs,
Alexandra

Chantal said...

Dear Katie, Wowww love your creation! Thank you for joining our Time for Magnolia Challenge - Spring is in the air and good luck! Hope to see you next time again! Warm hugs, Chantal

Tina Makuc said...

This is gorgeous Katie!
I would love to have a wall hanging like this one in my craft room..
One can dream, right?
Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Tilda's Town Challenges..
Hugs, Tina

Sandra Mathis said...

At first I thought it was a card with a very unique shape, but then I read on that it was a wall hanging. Lovely colours and design, and a very pretty image. Thanks for joining LLC for our March challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Nicola said...

Such an adorable wall hanging work of art Katie! Your colouring of Tilda is perfect, I love the shape and all the beautiful details!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia with embossing, and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Brigitte said...

Oh!!!!! It's so beautiful Katie!!!!! I love all your creations and this one is no different. There's so much gorgeous details and again, your colouring blows me away. Hugs, Brigitte

Babi Kind said...

Stunning creation Katie. I love the layout and the pretty embellies Thank you for joining us at Boutique Magnolia challenge. Hugs Babi